Let me tell you, Tojo's was awesome. The best, if not one of the best, dining experiences of my life. It was a great mix of good company, unreal food and sake.
For those of you that don't know (and I may have some details slightly wrong) but Tojo is the man responsible for inventing a majority of the sushi rolls you see in around these days. California roll, dynamite roll... and many others. He gets the best ingredients and is able to get fish that almost nobody else ever gets. I had one roll called a Canada Roll that had fresh EAST coast lobster and fresh WEST coast salmon. Unreal. Add a few bottles of the unfiltered sake called Northern Lights and it's over.
We must have been there for over 3 hours... and there were about 8 things that happened that had me laughing so hard I was in tears. Hot chocolate, rice wine... hot dragon...
Anyways, I have also been reflecting on my first year out from the MBA as I went to talk to the first year students about MBA stuff a few times. I can't believe that I was in their shoes just a year ago. It seems like a lifetime ago. If it wasn't for the grind of the two major projects I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Here is a quick rundown of some things I proud of:
- Getting over 80 percent in Statistics: Failed this is in undergrad. The only course I EVER failed in my life.
- Getting over 85 in Macro Economics: Now I understand what the other half of my Economist magazine is talking about.
- Making it through the first year with my sanity in check, although the jury may still be out on that.
My goals for the next part of the program, which I am completing on a part time basis are as follows:
- Keep everything organized
- Go to the gym at least 3 days a week
- Work on the art of selling
I have come to realize that, in the end, the experience is really about learning how to sell your ideas and present arguments in a convincing way. I am taking a few classes this term that are hopefully going to help work on these things.
Now back to work. I watched the new 90210 this weekend and I will comment on that and the Canadian Idol finale soon.