|C4C Computer Lab at Draffin House|
I learned about C4C when I first moved back to Ottawa and was interested in volunteering for an organization that helped people in Ottawa and was involved in technology. Now, I sit on their board of directors and volunteer my time as their Partnership Director.
C4C is currently looking for somebody to volunteer as Director of Communications. We have an enthusiastic team of communications volunteers but we're at the point where we need somebody to lead the team to help tell the C4C story. Here's a good idea of what would be involved:
- Develop, manage and review the organization communication plan annually
- Ensure all communication milestones are achieved
- Work with and support the team lead of the communications team
- Ensure volunteers are appropriately trained and oriented
- Monitor all communications channels to ensure consistent messaging
Personally, I think that C4C has a great story to tell and we've had lots of success in the past few years... we just need somebody to help us shape and share that story as far and wide as possible so that we can take the organization to the next level.
This would be a perfect opportunity for somebody who is looking to develop their communications skills and experience while helping their community.
If you're interested, you can contact me and I'll be happy to help answer any questions.